November 18, 2012 by directorfsm
Week 5 Lakeshore Trip
Praise God, we finally have a set of drawings from the engineering firm. A quick review left many questions already but at least we can get underway with figuring costs.
Most of this week was taken up house hunting and getting estimates for the new church here. The engineer have (in my humble opinion) over engineered the foundation. We could probably park a 62 ton Abrams tank 12’ in the air. Of course that equates to costs going up too.
In men’s fellowship on Thursday evening (Thanks Mr. James for letting us meet at your house) we made it (read) through the book of 1st Thessalonians. As always it is a blessing to all. I nearly rekindled the War Between the States or as it is known in these parts the War of Northern Aggression. It’s a long story but needless to say it revolved around the currant secession petitions floating around.
Saturday I was treated to my first college football game in decades. We spent the morning tailgating with Don’s brother Keith, family and friends. It was a wonderful experience (nothing compared to the relatively small venues in Western MA. Tiger Stadium on the campus of LSU in Baton Rouge, is incredible.
The announced attendance was 92,800 in the place known as Death Valley. It was an experience I will not soon forget.
Today the Lord’s Day service’s theme was “A Christians Thanksgiving”. Pastor Don preached from Col 1:1-8. Afterward the Elbourne’s made chili and shared Jamie, Jessica and I.
1) Pray we can find suitable housing before I leave for MA on Nov 22nd. I have made an offer on a house and am awaiting a response.
2) Continue to pray for the smooth sale of our home in MA
2) Pray that God continues to show us His will for our lives here in MS.
3) Pray for the financial support we need to live in MS.
4) Pray that while I am gone LBC can get things done so we can break ground on the new church building in JAN.